Escambia County, Florida Criminal Defense Lawyers
Have you been arrested in Escambia County or are you being questioned in connection with a crime? According to the United States Constitution, individuals have the Constitutional right to remain silent. Whether you have been arrested and are being asked questions by the police, or have been casually stopped by officers on the street, you always have the right to remain silent and have the right to refuse to answer any questions. In fact, it may be in your best interests to assert your right to remain silent and ask to speak to a criminal defense lawyer like Alice Harris with Jones and Harris Law Firm in Escambia County, Florida.
Regardless of the seriousness of the charges against you, it is important to remember that you are innocent until you have been proven guilty in court, or have plead guilty to the crime. Whether you are facing DUI charges, drug possession charges, assault and battery charges, domestic violence charges, manslaughter, child abuse charges, or other serious charges, Alice Harris with Jones and Harris Law Firm is an Escambia County criminal defense law firm that can fight for your rights. Our criminal defense attorney can review the evidence the prosecution has gathered against you, can help you understand the sentencing you face if you are found guilty, can review any plea deals, and can help you decide what to do next. If taking a plea deal is a good option, your criminal defense lawyer can negotiate with the prosecution to get the best possible deal. However, in many cases, fighting for your innocence might be the best way forward. If that is the case, the criminal defense law firm of Jones and Harris Law Firm in Escambia County, Florida can gather evidence to support your case, can do the research and work to build the best possible case under the law, and can fight diligently for your innocence in trial.
How a Criminal Defense Lawyer Can Help You in Escambia County, Florida
There are many ways that a criminal defense lawyer like Alice Harris with Jones and Harris Law Firm in Escambia County, Florida can protect you if you have been arrested or charged with a crime. What are some ways that a criminal defense law firm can help? Here are a few:
- A Criminal Defense Lawyer Can Stand By Your Side During Police Questioning. While you always have the right to remain silent when being questioned by police, police are trained to get answers to the questions they ask. And sometimes, if you say the wrong thing or if your words are misinterpreted, police could use this as evidence against you and can even use your own words against you in trial. A criminal defense lawyer can be present during police questioning to help you. Individuals are Constitutionally protected from self-incrimination. Alice Harris with Jones and Harris Law Firm is a criminal defense lawyer in Escambia County, Florida that can be present during police questioning or interrogations to protect your rights.
- A Criminal Defense Lawyer Can Review Your Case. Does the prosecution have a strong case or a weak one? A criminal defense lawyer can review the evidence gathered against you and help you understand what potential legal defenses you might have in trial. If the case against you is strong and you have been offered a plea deal, during the case review process, your criminal defense lawyer can help you better understand your options, including whether you may want to choose to accept or reject a plea deal.
- Negotiate with the Prosecution. Sometimes a criminal defense lawyer may be able to negotiate with the prosecution to have your charges reduced or dropped. If you choose to accept a plea deal, a criminal defense lawyer can negotiate with the prosecution to help you get the best possible deal.
- Build a Strong Case. Should your case go to trial, Alice Harris with Jones and Harris Law Firm is a criminal defense lawyer in Escambia County, Florida that may be able to assist you with building the best possible case. This can include speaking to witnesses, reviewing evidence, and creating a compelling story to present to the jury.
- Stand by You in Trial. Court procedure involves many formalities and you are not expected to be familiar with them all. Jones and Harris Law Firm is a criminal defense law firm in Escambia County, Florida that can stand by you every step of the way during your trial.
These are just some of the ways that the criminal defense lawyer at Jones and Harris Law Firm in Escambia County, Florida may be able to help you. If you have been charged or arrested with a crime, you are innocent until proven guilty. You have the right to remain silent and have the right to ask to speak to your lawyer. You can contact Alice Harris: Attorney at Law in Escambia County, Florida today.